Client Issues Served
• Adult • Adolescent • Child
• Individual • Marriage • Couples
• Family Therapy
• Parenting Skills & Co-Parenting Relationships
• Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Issues
• Depression & Other Mood Disorders
• Loss & Grief
• Animal Companion & Pet Loss
• Anxiety Disorders
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Sexual Abuse Issues
• Sexual Harassment Issues
• Anger Management
• Eating Disorders:
Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating
• Adjustment Problems
• Stress Management
• Addictions & Co-Occurring Disorders Issues
• Chemical Dependency
• Sexual & Internet Addictions
• Family of Origin
• Play Therapy & Creative Art Interventions
• Psychological & Personal Assessment
• In-Services • Presentations • Consultations
• Clinical Supervision
• EMDR Therapy
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
• Medication Management Services
Information About Play Therapy:
Play therapy is to children what counseling is to adults.
• Play can be an effective medium for children to express their thoughts and feelings.
• Toys are carefully selected to facilitate creative and emotional expression.
• Sand tray play can promote self-expression and psychological healing.
• Registered Play Therapists are specifically trained to provide an environment of acceptance, empathy, and understanding.
• Children can feel accepted and gain a sense of control and understanding of difficult situations through the process of "playing out" their reactions to life events.
For More Information Contact:
Katie Kleinschmidt, MS, LMFT, RPT
507-345-4448, Ext. 4
Karen Appel, MSW, LICSW, RPT
507-345-4448, Ext. 6
Mankato Mental Health Associates, P.A.
provides a variety of services, including individual, group, marriage, couples, and family therapy. These services are available to everyone throughout their lifespan - children, adolescents, and adults of all ages. We also have medication management services.
Referrals can be made from a variety of sources including medical professionals, mental health providers, school counselors or teachers, college professors, county workers, employers, family members, friends, or individuals may also simply seek help for themselves.
We accept medical assistance, Minnesota Care, Minnesota Comprehensive, group insurance, private insurance, fee for service, and is also a provider for many Employee Assistance Programs.
Our office will file your insurance claims for you and accepts insurance reimbursements, cash, money order, personal check, debit card, and the credit cards of Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Current Psychotherapy Groups:
Severe & Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) Group • Thursdays at 11 am